Download Lynda - Test Driven Infrastructure with Chef
FilesLynda - Test Driven Infrastructure with Chef 1.Introduction
- 01.Transform your infrastructure with Chef.en.srt (1.7 KB)
- 01.Transform your infrastructure with Chef.mp4 (4.4 MB)
- 02.What you should know.en.srt (4.5 KB)
- 02.What you should know.mp4 (4.0 MB)
- 03.Getting set up.en.srt (5.3 KB)
- 03.Getting set up.mp4 (5.5 MB)
- 04.Test-driven infrastructure.en.srt (5.1 KB)
- 04.Test-driven infrastructure.mp4 (4.8 MB)
- 05.Behavior before function.en.srt (6.9 KB)
- 05.Behavior before function.mp4 (8.4 MB)
- 06.Writing tests first.en.srt (6.6 KB)
- 06.Writing tests first.mp4 (5.6 MB)
- 07.Know your ChefDK.en.srt (8.5 KB)
- 07.Know your ChefDK.mp4 (7.9 MB)
- 08.Chef-generated tests.en.srt (7.5 KB)
- 08.Chef-generated tests.mp4 (8.0 MB)
- 09.Integration tests.en.srt (5.3 KB)
- 09.Integration tests.mp4 (5.8 MB)
- 10.Inspect InSpec.en.srt (9.3 KB)
- 10.Inspect InSpec.mp4 (11.5 MB)
- 11.The role of database.en.srt (3.0 KB)
- 11.The role of database.mp4 (2.9 MB)
- 12.Our first test.en.srt (8.2 KB)
- 12.Our first test.mp4 (11.3 MB)
- 13.Skip the line and test now.en.srt (3.8 KB)
- 13.Skip the line and test now.mp4 (3.4 MB)
- 14.The .kitchen.yml.en.srt (8.4 KB)
- 14.The .kitchen.yml.mp4 (8.9 MB)
- 15.Red light.en.srt (7.1 KB)
- 15.Red light.mp4 (16.0 MB)
- 16.Function before form.en.srt (4.1 KB)
- 16.Function before form.mp4 (8.8 MB)
- 17.Create the database.en.srt (5.3 KB)
- 17.Create the database.mp4 (9.2 MB)
- 18.Tuning Kitchen.en.srt (4.0 KB)
- 18.Tuning Kitchen.mp4 (7.4 MB)
- 19.Create the database user.en.srt (5.7 KB)
- 19.Create the database user.mp4 (10.0 MB)
- 20.Green light.en.srt (6.6 KB)
- 20.Green light.mp4 (15.3 MB)
- 21.Create, converge, verify, and destroy.en.srt (4.6 KB)
- 21.Create, converge, verify, and destroy.mp4 (5.3 MB)
- 22.Unit tests.en.srt (5.0 KB)
- 22.Unit tests.mp4 (4.9 MB)
- 23.RSpec and ChefSpec.en.srt (9.8 KB)
- 23.RSpec and ChefSpec.mp4 (10.6 MB)
- 24.Tests don't have to be scary.en.srt (7.1 KB)
- 24.Tests don't have to be scary.mp4 (15.5 MB)
- 25.Describe the specs.en.srt (4.8 KB)
- 25.Describe the specs.mp4 (11.1 MB)
- 26.Short-term memory.en.srt (6.0 KB)
- 26.Short-term memory.mp4 (13.3 MB)
- 27.Fake it with Fauxhai.en.srt (4.7 KB)
- 27.Fake it with Fauxhai.mp4 (6.7 MB)
- 28.Refactor to node attributes.en.srt (7.4 KB)
- 28.Refactor to node attributes.mp4 (16.2 MB)
- 29.Integration.en.srt (3.2 KB)
- 29.Integration.mp4 (6.4 MB)
- 30.Next steps.en.srt (5.0 KB)
- 30.Next steps.mp4 (5.6 MB)
- More Downloads!.url (0.1 KB)
Learn how to develop test-driven infrastructure with Chef. Learn how to perform integration testing and unit testing with ChefDK tools such as Test Kitchen, InSpec, and ChefSpec.
Learn how to develop test-driven infrastructure with Chef. com content you know and love.
Integration testing Chef cookbooks is often performed in Test Kitchen. Common Chef Testing Tools 1. RuboCop Rubocop is a Ruby command-line tool that performs lint and style checks based on the community driven Ruby Style Guide. 2. Foodcritic Foodcritic is a Ruby command-line tool to perform lint checking against Chef cookbooks. 3. ChefSpec ChefSpec is a unit testing framework for Chef cookbooks. 4. Serverspec Serverspec is an outside-in integration test framework.
155 Test-Driven Infrastructure: A Conceptual Framework Test-Driven Infrastructure Should Be Mainstream . Less than a year later at the inaugural the Chef user conference, two of the plenary sessions and a four-hour hack session were devoted to testing.
155 Test-Driven Infrastructure: A Conceptual Framework Test-Driven Infrastructure Should Be Mainstream Test-Driven Infrastructure Should Be Automated Test-Driven Infrastructure Should Be Side-Effect Aware Test-Driven Infrastructure Should Be Continuously Integrated Test-Driven Infrastructure Should Be Outside In Test-Driven Infrastructure Should Be Test-First The Pillars of Test-Driven Infrastructure Writing Tests Running Tests Provisioning Machines Feedback of Results.
Lynda Test-Driven Infrastructure with Chef-XQZT. Lynda Test-Driven Infrastructure with Chef-XQZT 25. MB Published on: Jul 27, 2018 @ 16:58. chef, driven, infrastructure, lynda, test, with, xqzt.
Since Test-Driven Infrastructure with Chef first appeared in mid-2011, infrastructure testing has begun to flourish in the web ops world
Since Test-Driven Infrastructure with Chef first appeared in mid-2011, infrastructure testing has begun to flourish in the web ops world. You’ll get a hands-on introduction to the Chef framework, and a recommended toolchain and workflow for developing your own test-driven production infrastructure.
FREE shipping on qualifying offers. Test-Driven Infrastructure with Chef demonstrates a radical approach to developing web infrastructure that combines the powerful Chef configuration management framework with Cucumber. Stephen Nelson-Smith (Cope) is principal consultant at Atalanta Systems, a fast-growing agile infrastructure consultancy, and Opscode training and solutions partner in Europe.
This post is all about test driven infrastructure with Chef: an overview in testing Chef cookbooks for the current landscape. This post is focused on tools included in ChefDK. Some other tools and projects are mentioned for completeness or historical purposes
This post is all about test driven infrastructure with Chef: an overview in testing Chef cookbooks for the current landscape. Some other tools and projects are mentioned for completeness or historical purposes. This post serves as general overview of the various components and tools that are currently used, or have been used in the past to do test driven infrastructure with Chef. For a full book on the topic, see Test Driven Infrastructure with Chef, by Stephen Nelson-Smith. For training materials, see this learnchef repository
Before Getting into actual usage of tool we should understand the phases of. Pre-convergence: Testing phase that does not require any node to run the test.
Traditionally, most of infrastructure is managed manually or by using scripts. This inconsistency causes many issues in infrastructure. TDD is known for increasing code quality, improving overall design, and allowing safe refactoring throughout a project. Before Getting into actual usage of tool we should understand the phases of. Convergence: Chef runs and make changes to the system on node. Post-convergence: Node finishes running Chef, also verifying that node is in the desired state.
html Author: Robin Beck Duration: 1h 49m Skill: Intermediate.
Code:Title: Test-Driven Infrastructure with Chef
Type: Operating Systems
Author: Robin Beck
Duration: 1h 49m